Here at Overcoming Chaos we are honored to be a source of inspiration to our readers. We are all about building strong and healthy relationships which is why we think it’s important to lay out some ground rules. We want to make sure you as the reader and user know what to expect from us and, of course, what we expect from you.
This policy was last updated on June 28, 2018.
This privacy notice provides you with the details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of Our Site: http://overcomingchaos.com/
means this website: http://overcomingchaos.com/
“We, Us, Our”
legal entity: Overcoming Chaos, LLC registered in Massachusetts
email address: email@example.com
postal address: P.O. Box 691 Douglas, MA 01516
What We Collect
Information you give us. Examples include:
Shared Public Content: Our Site may allow you to publicly interact with us and other users, share content, post comments and ask or answer questions. Shared content may be publicly viewed by others depending on where it is posted. If such information is shared on a third-party platform, like a social media site, the collection, use, and sharing of your data will also be subject to the privacy policies of that third-party.
Email Information: If you choose to receive email notifications from us, we collect your first name, last name and email address so we can send you email communications about the requested information, products, and services.
Customer Support Information: If you contact us (via email, phone, text, messaging platform, or through our social media channels), we may collect and store your name, email address, telephone number, the content of your message, information about your business and any other data you provide. Some of Our Site transactions may require us to call or text you (the customer). We will not call you unless you first give us permission to do so.
Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
Information collected automatically via tracking technologies.
When you visit Our Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address and time zone. Additionally, as you browse Our Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to Our Site, and information about how you interact with Our Site.
We collect information using the following technologies:
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse Our Site.
How We Use The Data Collected
We use data collected in a number of ways:
- to optimize our business operations and deliver customer service
- to communicate about our products, services and offerings
- to communicate in response to quizzes, forms and surveys
- to deliver product or service order fulfillment
- to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of our advertisements to you (including lead generation, market research, and managing advertising and marketing campaigns)
The legal basis for processing your personal information as described above will be either your consent; execution of a contract with you or a relevant party; our legitimate business interests (namely to grow our business); or compliance with our legal requirements.
Who We Share Your Information With
- Any information you share in a public area of Our Site (like the comments section) will be available to anyone who can access that content.
- Company employees and Contractors.
- Service providers who support us with IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including attorneys, insurers and auditors.
- Government officials and law enforcement authorities to comply with a legitimate legal request.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets including:
- Analytic Services: We use Google Analytics® on Our Site. These services and tools help us analyze your use of Our Site, including information like how often you visit, third-party website you arrive from, usage and performance data, and purchasing behavior.
- Online Advertising Services: We use third-party advertising services, like Facebook® and Instagram® to deliver advertising about our products and services on Our Site. Ads may be based on information these advertisers know about you based on tracking data and may also be based on information we have collected (as specified above).
Transmission of data and/or information via internet or email is not 100% secure. We do our best to protect your personal information however we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through Our Site or via email. Any transmission is at your own risk.
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
In order for us to provide products and services to you, your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. Where data is shared with third-party data processors, your data will be captured, transferred, stored and processed in accordance with their policies, practices and in compliance with their local regulatory laws.
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you including the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
Please not we will need to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise these rights. This is an added security measure to ensure your information is not disclosed to anyone who has no right to receive it. If you wish to exercise these rights please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 15 business days to process your request.
The following is additional information on your rights and how to exercise them:
- You may opt out from Google Analytics® collection of navigation information about your visit to Our Site by visiting: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- You may delete and/or block cookies. For additional information visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- You can choose not to provide certain information to us however it may result in not being able to use certain features of Our Site.
- You can always opt out of our email marketing communications or change your preferences by following the links in the footer of all email marketing messages. You can also contact us at email@example.com.
Please note we retain certain data where we have a legal basis to do so, such as for transaction completion and record-keeping.
We do not intentionally or knowingly collect the personal information of individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian of a child under the age of 18 and suspect they disclosed personal information to us please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Changes And Updates To This Policy
Our site includes links to other web sites we believe you will find useful. When you click on one of those links, you are leaving Our Site and moving to another web site. We are not responsible for the privacy and security practices or content, services or products of such sites. We encourage you to exercise caution and review the privacy policies of any third party sites or services before you give them your personal information.
Any time you use your words to add value to another human being, you are making the world better.
– Caroline from www.un-fancy.com
We really appreciate the time you spend sharing ideas and giving us feedback. We love to hear from you and learn from you. We ask that as you engage in comments please do so from a place of grace and kindness. Let your words convey honor and respect. Speak life, encouragement and value. Let your words inspire and lift up others. In order to keep the peace in this happy and creative space we reserve the right to remove any comments. Overcoming Chaos, LLC takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any content posted by you or any third party.
Words full of grace are like honey, sweet to the soul and healthy to the body.
A few years ago the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) revised their guidelines regarding endorsements and testimonials in order to protect the public from any intentionally errant or misleading advertising that has been paid for by a group or company. You can read more about it here. Because this blog is also intended as a source of income and may occasionally incorporate endorsements or testimonials, we felt it was important to disclose the following:
- Our blog may be used to promote products, services or other businesses.
- We promote products, services and businesses that we feel will be valuable to our readers.
- Affiliate programs do not influence our decision of which products, services or businesses to use and share within our content as we only feature those we would link to with or without an affiliate link.
- Products, services or businesses shared within the content of our blog may or may not be noted as an affiliate in every reference.
- We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Our advertising partners may give us products to review free of charge. This does not ensure, in any way, a positive review of the product.
- Our opinions about products, services or businesses are genuine whether or not we are partnering with the service provider and/or receiving compensation to do so.
- We would never compromise the truth for any amount of money or stuff. Seriously.
Because we operate from a place of integrity we make every effort to deliver valuable content while generating a small profit to compensate us for our time, research, and ideas. We love and appreciate our readers and make it our goal to be up front and honest in what we share.
We are not responsible for republished content from this blog on other blogs or websites without our permission.
We love sharing our personal projects, organizing systems, DIYs and products that “work for us”. We cannot guarantee they will work for you. Every family, space and home is different. As the reader, you assume any risks involved when completing projects seen on this site. We are not personally liable for any projects that are completed based on the ideas shared here.