I’ve never been one to make resolutions but I am trying something new. I am starting with just 1. I think it’s more than enough for me: Simplify.
Because I crave slowing down in a world that is going at a thousand miles an hour.
I want to connect and have meaningful, warm and deep relationships with others.
To be present.
To be more aware and intentional about the choices and decisions I make.
Enjoy life not just watch it go by.
Laugh more and play more.
Go places I’ve never been.
To be me.
Gain more focus and be more productive.
To be more creative.
Learn and try new things.
Take better care of myself and my family.
What will I simplify?
Everything I can…my home, my car, my computer, my daily routines and anything else I come across that does not fit “simple”.
One step at a time. One day at a time. One unsubscribe at a time. One challenge at a time. I am after a lifestyle not an immediate fix or instant gratification.
Where am I overcoming?
My wardrobe. I decided to start the year with the Project 333 challenge. In a nutshell it’s living with 33 items (including accessories and shoes) for 3 months. I’m excited and a little nervous. Most of all, I am ready to let go!
How did I prepare?
- I decided my start date (1/1/2017).
- I reviewed the rules.
- On 12/31/16 I pulled all my clothes and accessories out.
- I removed all the clothes that were worn out, torn and no longer usable.
- Then I took out the ones I know I will not wear ever (don’t love, don’t fit right, don’t flatter me, can’t mix and match with most of what I already have) and set them aside to donate (or sell).
- I did a little planning ahead. I know that come spring I want to wear lighter colors. The weather starts to warm up just a little but it’s still a little chilly (I am in MA). With these facts in mind I pulled out the thinner tops with lighter colors and matching accessories and boxed them all up for the spring capsule.
- Everything I was left with went into the closet (32 items total).
How am I setting myself up for success?
- I put the hangers facing out so I can easily identify if there are any items I am shying away from (there are pieces I kept that are warm for the winter months but need to be replaced because they are worn out or have a couple of stains).
- I am documenting my progress and sharing updates on Instagram.
- I’m also leaning on various sources of inspiration to stay motivated.
Cheers to Day 1: